HYPSOS HiFi Power Supply + OOR Preamplifier Headphone Amplifier + FPL Cable
The Ferrum Hypsos power supply and the Ferrum OOR preamplifier/headphone amplifier combo have been designed primarily to work together. They form a perfect duo in order to take advantage of a high quality preamplification and amplification, thanks to an optimized electrical signal. This pack is therefore ideal to enjoy a system with excellent sound reproduction. In addition, the Ferrum FPL cable ensures a perfect connection between the two devices thanks to its proprietary Ferrum Power Link technology.
Ferrum’s OOR is a high quality balanced headphone amplifier and preamplifier, capable of accompanying all types of headphones, including the most demanding, while preserving the essence of your music. With very low distortion, impressive dynamics and an incredible level of detail, the OOR is the ultimate companion for headphone listening.
- True balanced : The signal circuit, balanced from end to end, allows to reach an excellent quality of sound restitution.
- Ferrum Power Link (FPL) : While the OOR offers excellent basic performance, it can also be combined with the Ferrum Hypsos power supply (sold separately) using Ferrum Power Link (FPL) technology for optimal performance and musicality.
- Improved transparency : The entire architecture of the OOR focuses on its ability to deliver transparent and detailed sound.
- User friendly : Practical and intuitive, the OOR has just three buttons to control all the parameters of the device.
- Total control : The optimized integration of the output transistors protects them and never lets them turn off, reducing distortion to inaudible levels and keeping them in a state where they can instantly unleash their full power, crucial for high dynamics, superior control and good sounding power.
- Discrete design : The discrete amplifier circuit has been specifically developed by the brand to obtain the best possible analog quality.
The Ferrum Hypsos is a high-end power supply, offering exceptional technology and performance to give your HiFi system an extremely clean power supply for optimal sound reproduction. It has features that are unheard of in this price range. The device is software controlled, with as few hardware dependent elements as possible.
- Hybrid power supply : The Hypsos is a hybrid power supply model, taking advantage of both the benefits of a linear power supply and those of a switched-mode power supply. It provides low noise and ripple, as well as excellent transient response and high efficiency.
- Sweet Spot Tuning (SST) : The Hypsos power supply allows you to fine-tune its output voltage to achieve the best possible sound. The voltage level can be safely changed on the fly for easy comparison testing.
- Advanced automation : CCompatible with the Apple TV Remote and having an input/output trigger connector, it is possible to automate the switching on of devices in standby mode, even without a dedicated trigger connection
- Detailed sound : The Hypsos allows your audio system to perform at its best. Improve sound reproduction by adjusting the voltage level on the fly and using the best combination of 4T Sensing and Spectrum Diffusion Mode parameters.
- User profiles : Use the predefined settings from the list of supported devices or create your user profile manually. The Hypsos power supply offers a wide range of DC output voltage, from 5V to 30V, with a current of up to 6A.
- 4T Sensing Design (4TSD) : Ensure the correct voltage level at the DC input terminal of the powered device. A specially designed cable and a feedback function ensure a linear voltage at all times. This eliminates the adverse effects of cable resistance and significantly improves transient response.
- Fully secured : The Hypsos power supply integrates an automatic transformer voltage adjustment (ATVA), an electronic polarity switch for the output voltage as well as protection against overvoltage, overcurrents and short circuits. Parameters can be locked to prevent accidental changes.
The Ferrum FPL cable connects the Hypsos power supply to the OOR preamplifier/headphone amplifier to take advantage of Ferrum’s proprietary Power Link (FPL) technology. This technology allows for a perfectly stable and clean transmission of the power supply to promote a very pure sound.
|FERRUM OOR SPECIFICATIONS|
|Product type||Headphone amplifier
|Inputs||1x Balanced stereo XLR
1x Single-ended stereo RCA
|Outputs||1x Balanced stereo XLR
1x Single-ended stereo RCA
1x Balanced XLR 4 pins headphone output
1x Single-ended Jack 6.35mm headphone output
|Gain||Balanced : -4dB, +6dB, +16dB
Single-ended : -10dB, 0dB, +10dB
|Frequency response||20Hz – 100kHz 0.1dB|
|Output powre||Balanced : 1600mW @ 300Ω, 8W @ 60Ω
Single-ended : 400mW @ 300Ω, 2W @ 60Ω
|Output impedance||Balanced : 44Ω (pre-out)
Single-ended : 22Ω (pre-out)
|Headphone output impedance||< 0.3Ω|
|Dimensions||21.7 x 20.6 x 5cm|
|FERRUM HYPSOS SPECIFICATIONS|
|Product type||HiFi power supply|
|Input supply voltage||110-240VAC / 50-60Hz|
|Input connector||IEC C14
With fuse, power button and two-stage EMI filter
|Output cables||Jack DC 5.5/2.5mm / Jack DC 5.5/2.1mm|
|Output voltage range||5-30V adjustable|
|Max continuous output current (@ tension de sortie < 10V)||6A|
|Max continuous output current (@ tension de sortie > 10V)||Iout = 60W / DCout|
|Max continuous output power (@ tension de sortie < 10V)||Pout = Vout * 6A|
|Max continuous output power (@ tension de sortie > 10V)||60W|
|Primary winding fuse||IEC 5x20mm fuse, 3.15AT, 250V|
|Secondary winding fuse||Littelfuse 154004T, 4A|
|Dimensions||217.5 x 206.5 x 50mm|
|FERRUM FPL SPECIFICATIONS|
|Product type||Power cable|
|Number of conductors||4|