WA8 Eclipse is the world’s first battery-operated vacuum tube headphone amplifier and DAC. Featuring SET Class-A transformer output for transparent sound quality, a built-in 24bit/384kHz DAC, and easy transportability/set-up, it’s capable of driving high-end headphones of 8–600 ohm impedance, while its ultra-low noise circuitry is ideal for in-ear monitors.
While portable, the Eclipse boasts a robust military-grade vacuum tube design rated for 5,000 hours of life. Versatile in analog and digital realms, it offers two- or three-tube operation to tailor the sound quality to a variety of headphones and in-ear monitors. The Class-A, Single-ended Triode topology uses ultra-efficient OCC single crystal copper output transformers offering high bandwidth and low loss. The Eclipse also uses an audiophile-grade ESS SABRE Reference 24bit/384kHz and up to DSD128 DAC, excelling with hi-res music files and compatible with Apple iOS and Android devices.
The Eclipse operates via external DC power or “off-the-grid” battery operation. Advanced technology provides steady and pristine power to the vacuum tubes and the DAC, offering several hours of play – and the unit is operable during charging. For the first time, high-fidelity and uncompromised sound can be achieved without boundaries. WA8 Eclipse is the ideal audio system for the home, in the office or in hotels around the world.
- Compatible with Apple iPhone/iPad, Android devices, Mac and Windows computers, how-to video LEARN MORE
- Gorilla glass cover to showcase tubes: Subminiature 6S31B power x2, 6021 driver x1
- User selectable two or three tubes operation
- Single-ended, all-tube design (not hybrid), Class A
- Custom Ni Alloy core output transformers
- ESS SABRE Reference DAC
- Hi-Res music playback 24 bit, 384kHz PCM, and up to DSD128
- XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous clocking USB Type-B Input x 1, 1/8″ (3.5mm) analog Input x 1
- 1/4” (6.3mm) and 1/8″ (3.5mm) headphone outputs (8–600 Ohms)
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Up to 4 hrs. of continuous music playback
- Anodized aluminum chassis available in black, space gray and gold
- Power rating (3-tube): 250mW @32Ω, 350mW @50Ω, 180mW @120Ω, 120mW@300, 80mW @600Ω
- Dimensions: 6.69″ (L) x 3.6″ (W) x 1.69″ (D) 2.4lbs.
- Global voltage (100v–240v) without a converter
*Specifications and appearance are subject to change for improvement without notice.