It all started when we were developing the WA8 Eclipse. We learned that in order to reduce the size greatly, it needs to be with transistors. Introducing the WA11, an ultra-compact high-performance headphone amplifier and DAC. Over the course of 3-years of intensive research and 9 working prototypes deployed in real-world applications. WA11 delivers an audiophile sound quality that rivals many desktop systems and with the features users dream of.
Weighing at 413g and 24mm thick, the WA11 Topaz is a battery-powered, fully-balanced headphone amplifier and DAC running in a Class-A topology. It is capable of driving the most demanding full-size headphones while maintaining an ultra-low noise floor for reference in-ear monitors. The DAC is an ESS Sabre capable of decoding PCM up to 24-bit/384kHz and up to DSD128. There is also a 4.4mm balanced input for use with balanced sources such as a modern digital-audio-player (DAP), home CD player or DAC
The future is USB Type-C port. And WA11 Topaz has two of them – one for data, one for charging (USB 2.0 compliant). Separating the two allows the user to listen and recharge the internal battery simultaneously. This feature extends the industry leading 7 hrs. of playtime immensely.
The performance and usage flexibility of WA11 will change the way we enjoy music and opens a new world for what a Hi-Fi system should be.
*Specifications and appearance are subject to change in production unit without notice.
- Compatible with Apple iPhone/iPad, Android devices, Mac and Windows computers, how-to video LEARN MORE
- Fully-balanced design, battery-operated, solid state, Class-A headphone amplifier and DAC
- High power, high bandwidth amplifier
- Maximum power output: 1.2W @ 30 Ohms, 350mW @ 100 Ohms, 120mW @ 300 Ohms
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 200 kHz (-1 dB), signal to noise ratio: 118dB
- Output impedance: 1Ω on both headphone outputs
- ESS SABRE Reference DAC, XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous clocking
- Hi-Res music playback up to 24-bit/384kHz PCM, up to DSD128 support via DoP playback
- Premium TKD 4-channel balanced potentiometer
- Output: 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced, 1/4″ TRS unbalanced for use with full-size headphones
- Input: 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced, Asynchronous Hi-Speed USB Type-C port [data] and USB Type-C port [charge] (USB 2.0 compliant)
- User selectable HI or LO power level output
- User selectable DAC or 4.4mm analog Line-in
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, up to 6 hrs. of continuous music playback*
- Anodized aluminum chassis available in black
- Soft Alcantara back and carrying pouch
- Dimensions (W, H, D): 155 x 85 x 27mm / 6.1 x 3.3 x 1 inches
- Weight: 426g / 0.93 lbs.
- Global 100v–240v USB-C charger with detachable AC plug (U.K., EU. Australia)
*Specifications and appearance are subject to change for improvement without notice.