When the box arrived, you could immediately notice that it does not come from a big factory. It’s wrapped in a lot of paper by hand and comes with a separated cable, documentation, and small jack to big jack cable converter. It all looks very customized and not mass sales, which is positive. The build quality of the headphone itself is great! The quality leather combined with the walnut-wood headphone cups look amazing and feels solid.
What you would not expect from the look of these headphones that they will feel extraordinary comfortable… But what happens when you place them on your head – it just feels amazing! It feels good to put them on your head and soft at the same time. Not heavy but very lightweight and perfect to have on for a few hours when working on a mix or master – that’s what you need as an audio engineer. It’s basic, stylish and minimalistic and not too much as big brands build with plastic frames etc.… It’s just all you need in a headphone and no unneeded materials that make the experience uncomfortable.
We are amazed by the quality of the Ollo HPS S4R, it’s a very natural sounding headphone. It will make sure you will get an honest opinion on sound compared to other coloured headphones. The sound is very flat which makes it perfect for mixing and mastering. We never felt so comfortable and working on mixes and masters with a headphone and trusting the headphones. We do miss a small push in the low frequencies, but that’s not irritating. It’s even good to have when mixing for a long time – so your ears won’t get overloaded.
Overall, we are very positive about the Ollo HPS S4R’S! They sound great and are incredibly comfortable while wearing.
- Speaker size: 50mm closed back design
- Frequency range: 20-22kHz balanced response
- SPL: 114dB hearing threshold
- Impedance: 32ohm
- Ear cups outer diameter: 86mm
- Ear cups inner diameter: 70mm
- Ear cups material: Walnut
- Headband material: Stainless steel and artificial leather
- Ear pads size: 90mm
- Ear pads material: Acoustic foam, extra elasticity artificial leather
- Cable termination: detachable Y cable – 2.5mm mini jack
- Connector: 3.5mm jack with an adapter to 6.3mm jack
- Serviceable: Every part of HPS S4 is replicable with home tools